The scope of the race will be on the campus and forests grounds belonging to the University. The courses will be about a 30% park/urban and a 70% forest, but this percentage can differ depending on the registration category.
You can register to any of the four circuits designed but you should bear in mind that, to be eligible for award, you must participate in the circuit in which meet eligibility requirements.
- Long Circuit 1 - 8 km - University Orienteering Championship of Catalonia - Men.
- Long Circuit 1 - 8 km - II UAB-O Grand Prix - Absolute Category.
- Long Circuit 2 - 5/6 km - University Orienteering Championship of Catalonia - Women.
- Long Circuit 2 - 5/6 km - II UAB-O Grand Prix - Absolute Category.
- Short Circuit - 3/4 km - II UAB-O Grand Prix - Absolute Category. It is possible to participate in couples, group or family
- Beginners Circuit- 2/3 km - Noncompetitive category for initiation and promotion. It is possible to participate in couples, group or family.
SportIdent control system
The control system to be used in all circuits including the popular will be SportIdent. The organization will provide SportIdent card to all orienteers who do not have it. When removing the SportIdent, you must leave an ID or 50 euros as a deposit which will be returned when racing is completed.
The land where the competition will be held, is composed of forest areas with differing degrees of penetrability: fields, small meadows, parks and urban areas.
The cartographic map has a total area of 2.4 km2. This area is shared by 65% of woodland / fields and 35% of parks / urban area.
Map and tracks
Date map: April 2013. Revised Winter 2014.
Symbology ISSOM 2007.
- 1:5000 all categories, din-A3.
Distances and number of controls for each circuit
- Long Circuit 1: 8100m, 30 controls.
- Long Circuit 2: 6200m, 25 controls.
- Short Circuit: 4000m, 18 controls.
- Beginners Circuit: 3100m, 11 controls.
The exit will be near the "Servei d´activitat física (SAF)". Free departure times between 10 and 11:30am for ALL circuits.